It is Australia day weekend and everyone is doing something. All I want to do is lie down on the bed and not move an inch. I want to cook something but I you know what it is one of those days when I cannot be bothered. I have such days quiet a lot. I had seen this gorgeous recipe by Kerrie Sun" and thankfully it did not require me to do anything.
- The original recipe calls for 1/4 cup Peanut Oil but I felt it would make the Chicken too oily, so I just used 1 Tbsp.
- Mix all the ingredients except the Boy Choy together and marinate the Chicken pieces in it for an hour or more. You can keep the marinated Chicken in this mixture for upto 4 hours.
- Roast the Chicken in a pre heated oven at 180 Degrees centigrade for 40 minutes turning it around once or till the Chicken is cooked.
- Don't worry about the oily soy gravy that is collected in the roasting pan. It tastes delicious with Rice.
- Just before the Chicken is ready steam the Bok choy in a steamer for 6 - 7 minutes or boil it in hot water for 5 minutes till the stem is tender.
- Serve the Chicken on a bed of steaming hot Rice. So simple isn't it.