This is a Garlic, cheese and Fresh herbs Pull apart bread. It literally means that it can be pulled apart and picked up.
Garlic and Cheddar Cheese Pull apart BreadThis is a Garlic, cheese and Fresh herbs Pull apart bread. It literally means that it can be pulled apart and picked up.Just a girl from aamchi mumbai
For the Dough
3 1/2 Cups
Olive oil to coat the dough
Butter (Optional) 1/4 Cup
For the filling
Freshly chopped Basil leaves
Freshly chopped Parsley
Cheddar or Feta Feta
Garlic finely chopped
Chilli Flakes (Optional)
Olive Oil or Butter to Coat the Pan
A little flour to roll the dough on your working s
Milk to brush the dough
- Getting the Dough Ready:Warm the milk and the water together and put the Yeast and Sugar in it. Keep the Yeast in a warm place to forth for 5 - 10 minutes. You need to ensure that the water is just warm enough and not hot else you will kill the yeast.
- Put the Flour in a bowl add the Salt make a well in between and add the Yeast mixture and start to knead. If you are adding the Egg/Butter you can go ahead and add while kneading as it will improve the texture of the Bread and make it softer.
- Knead for 10 minutes till the dough looses its stickiness and becomes soft and smooth ( I let my mix master do the kneading here). Coat with Olive oil, cover and leave for an hour in a warm place till the dough rises and doubles in size.
- For the Filling:Just before your dough is ready chop the basil and parsley leaves and add them in a bowl with the Cheddar, Chilli flakes and Garlic. If you cannot find fresh herbs you can use dried too but the quantity would be less then a cup for them.
- The assemblingI did was punched the dough down to release the air. Then put some flour on my working surface and using a rolling pin rolled the dough into a big square which is not to thick. I then applied some Olive oil (you can use melted Butter) on the rolled dough.
- Then I put the herbs and cheese on top spreading them equally. If you feel the stuffing is too little make some more and use it. I then used a rolling pin to press the stuffing a little in the dough and then using a pizza cutter cut long thin strips of the dough.
- You can use a square pan and make square strips or in a round pan (which you coat with Olive oil) you can make rolls and arrange the dough, like I did.
- Now leave the dough in a warm place for another 40 minutes for the second rise. Pre heat the Oven atleast 15 minutes before you bake your bread
- And when the second rise is complete, brush the Bread with Milk and put it in the oven. Cook for atleast 30 minutes in a pre heated over at 180 Degrees C. The bread is cooked if you tap it and hear a hollow sound.