This gorgeous and super easy Fish stew is heartening and very tasty. It goes perfectly with warm crusty bread that soak up all the juices. Comfort food in a bowl.
Italian Fish StewThis gorgeous and super easy Fish stew is heartening and very tasty. It goes perfectly with warm crusty bread that soak up all the juices. Comfort food in a bowl.Just a girl from aamchi mumbai
Onion, large-sized, chopped
Garlic, crushed or finely chopped
Dry White Wine
Salt & pepper
Big Banana Prawns
Fillet of any Fish, cut into chunky pieces
Mussels/Clams or Vangole
To go with
- Wash and clean the fish and keep it aside. Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add the Olive oil. Once the pan is hot add the Garlic and Onion and saute till translucent.
- Put the can of tinned tomato in the pan and add the wine. Mix well and cover allowing it to cook on a low flame for 15 minutes.
- Add the Basil, Salt and Pepper. Mix well and add the fish in layers adding the Prawns first. After 2 minutes add the fillet fish, cover and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add the Vangole and cover and let the stew cook gently. You will know the stew is ready when the Vangole open up. Any unopened Vangole should be discarded.
- Serve the soup in big bowls garnished with some Chilli flakes with toasted crusty Bread.